We are looking for a newly qualified garden designer to join our enthusiastic team, working on a variety of public, private and commercial gardens. The successful applicant will need to be a talented, motivated and organised designer; keen to be a valued member of our friendly, committed team.
AMPG is an award-winning, dynamic practice working with a diverse portfolio of private and commercial clients with exciting, high profile upcoming projects over the next year. The AMPG studio is based at in Petersfield, Hampshire on the border of West Sussex. We are easily accessed from London via the A3.
Job title: Garden Designer
Tenure: Full time/Part-time permanent employment after probationary period
Salary: Competitive salary package depending on experience
- Develop initial concept plans into complete masterplans supported by inspiring client presentations
- Create imaginative planting plans according to the client’s brief and appropriate site conditions
- Produce comprehensive construction drawings and specifications using Vectorworks and put together a full tender package
- Manage schedules and budgets to produce on-budget, on-time projects
- Keep pace with new products, materials, design ideas and current trends
- Help develop and support the team with new technology, software, hardware and techniques
- General office administration
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and attention to detail in all aspects of the role as an active team member and also working independently
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree or diploma in Garden Design or Landscape Architecture
- Excellent skills in Vectorworks 2D
- Experience in developing masterplans and technical/ construction drawings and specifications: translating complex designs into implementable drawings for use on site
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate ideas, issues and solutions to our clients, architects, contractors and suppliers
- Good knowledge of construction materials, design ideas and current trends
- Good horticultural knowledge
- Strong project management and monitoring skills, including site inspections and site supervision of independent contractors and specialists
- Experience of managing schedules and budgets to produce on-budget, on-time projects with researched and considered solutions to issues as they arise
- Experience of working under pressure and completing work to the highest standard for deadlines
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both individually and with a team
- Strong skills in the Adobe Suite, particularly InDesign
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Fluent English
- Relevant permit for working in the UK
- A clean driving licence and own vehicle
Applications should include the following:
- Your CV & covering letter.
- Portfolio – please be clear which is your work, and the work that was collaborative or part of a team.
- Examples of at least 4 construction drawings produced using Vectorworks.
Please send your application by email to email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday 5 July. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by Wednesday 10 July. Interviews w/c 15 July in our Petersfield studio.